Thursday, May 2, 2013

Swimming Upstream

     Have you ever watched a fish swim upstream?  I did when I was in Canada and it is truly inspirational.  These fish are so tenacious.  We watched as we stood on a bridge over a very intense spot on the river, it would seem impossible that the fish could make it.  They would thrash up and out of the water and then the force of the water would cause them to slap into the rocks along  the side of this narrow spot, and then...they would do it again.  Tourists like us would cheer them on with each attempt. It is inspirational to us because we know that we tend to give up much easier when the forces of nature work against our path. 

     I know that there is a lot of intense energy working against my desired path in life right now.  I know that my family has worked hard to continue to swim upstream during this trial.  I know that we are sore, tired, frustrated and at times, ready to stop "swimming". 

     Lately I've been thinking about many of our close friends.  I know a lot of their stories.  I want to let each of you know you much you impress me.  Your tenacity, your ability to swim upstream in the hardships of your life give me so much inspiration right now.  Not only have you had to fight against some serious issues, but you've done so without bitterness, even looking for the blessings in the trial.  Thank you for showing me the way.  Thank you for being the fish that keeps swimming no matter how many times it gets held back or beat down.

     To give you an update on Mark;  since the drainage port has been put in place we've had a few new issues to deal with.  It wasn't the fix we thought it would be, it helps but it isn't great.  We've had some more rough nights.  These past few days have been doable with the help of Cameron, Beck, my Mom and dinners from awesome sisters in our ward.  Thank you. 

     I can't promise we can do this much longer, but for now we "keep swimming". 

1 comment:

  1. Oh honey! That'a all you can do and it's beyond being ok. I know you have lots of wonderful people around you right now but if you do need me, you let me know. Hope my love for you is coming through and giving you at least one extra stroke of the fin .

    ReplyDelete