Saturday, October 6, 2012

Gratitude

     "There is no such thing as gratitude unexpressed, if it is unexpressed, it is plain, old-fashioned ingratitude."  I have this quote by my desk.  However words are just not enough.  Today, the Fun Run Team for the 'Live da Life' fundraiser came by to see us.  Tammy, Julia (but not Sheri, she was sick) presented us with a check of $4,500.00 that is a collection of donations from over 150 individuals, families and companies that contributed to our family for help with our medical expenses.  These women said, "Imagine a hug from 150 people right now".  I loved that!!!  The money and the photos of the event will go a long way to lifting our spirits, comforting our hearts, and calming our fears.  Incredible!

        THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!!

     I want to thank my mom who watches Amari and Ava regularly, and takes them for fun outings.  I want to thank Ariel who stayed with us for the past 10 days watching the big kids, and keeping the home running smoothly.  I want to thank others who have been with my children on previous trips to the Huntsman, my dad & step-mom Marla, Mark's mom Rebecca, Mark's dad Gene and step-mom Susan, Charity, Karen & Greg, and Beck.  I appreciate each and every act of kindness that has come our way, the meals, the treats, the flowers, the cards, the emails, the lawn-mowing, the snow-shoveling, the hugs, the visits, the blankets, the prayers, the well-wishes, the tears, the hope, the LOVE!!!  Every bit of it has helped us to keep going.  We all thank you.

     Mark is has low energy.  His lab results show that his white blood cell counts are way low, and he cannot be in public for awhile.  His immune system, as they said, is "non-existant".  We are staying busy at home and continuing to catch up with work and life.

      The kids are showing more signs of wear and tear.  I've continued to do little dates with them, to connect and comfort them.   Last night Aubrielle and I went to our friend's house and enjoyed dinner and several episodes of Ghost Adventures.  It was a much needed break.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment