Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Home Sweet Home

     This is the little face that sleeps next to me.  I missed her so much, and she missed me.  She told Grandma that it was time for her to sleep at her own house.  She loves Disney princesses and has been wearing her dress ups more often (which is OK to do when you're 4 years old).  Notice the matching Snow White slippers and wand that had to sleep with her.  On the first night home, she woke up crying several times (which never happens) but when I stroked her hair and said, "Mommy's right here" she calmed right down.  It reminded me that all of this change is hard on all of us. 

     We pulled into our driveway about 10:30pm Monday night, and all 5 kids ran out to greet us!  I know Mark was overwhelmed but he hugged and kissed each child, and they helped us unload the car.  Auntie Ariel is here with us until Saturday which is great because the first few days at home are usually pretty tough. 

     Mark is doing better.  He can eat mild foods, sleep comfortably, and the meds seem to be doing thier job.  We have to remind him to stay hydrated, but he is sociable and even got some work done today.  This is better than he was last round.  Our big goal is to drive the canyon with Ariel and see the leaves.  Maybe tomorrow, if he feels a bit better.

     I've spent some time with the kids, trying to catch up on thier lives.  Aubrie and I went to A&W for rootbeer and a good talk yesterday.  Today I took Ammoriah to Twizzleberry then Ava and Amari I took to First Dam to feed bread to the ducks and geese.  We all went to Halloween City to get excited about costumes, (keep in mind we get to dress up for next year's birthday bash BBQ, the theme is zoo animals, or any kind of animal!)  I haven't had a turn with Andrew yet, maybe tonight. 

     It is so good to be home.  The hospital is beautiful, well-staffed, great food, and has incredible views, but it is still oppressive.  Home is perfect.

2 comments:

  1. No place like home and no people like family. Enjoy. You're loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Home. Thank you for sharing your difficult journey with us Mark and LaDena. I love your family. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete