Monday, October 15, 2012

Happiness in Idaho!

See these happy faces?  This is what a super date night at Downata Hot Springs with a ton of people you love looks like, but back up, this awesome day did not start here...
     See, I like to pretend I'm a musician.  I love music, I have several instruments, I write my own songs, and try to sing them while playing my guitar.  I know I'm not very good, but I love the process.  Today, I was invited to be a part of the music-writing-and-recording-creative-process for a friend, and I LOVED it!!!  After our family got some chores completed, I drove up to Franklin, Idaho, to join Jay Keller and his friends as they jammed and laid down some tracks.
     There were instruments all over the work area.  It was fun as everyone played instruments, talked and laughed and solved musical problems together.
     Here is Jay's son Josh, sitting at Dad's drum set stomping the petals every so often and smiling.
Here's the part where Jay had to "shush" us a lot!  He's at the sound board with Zeke and his son JD is playing some great riffs and joking around. I neglected to catch a picture of the guys playing, they sounded amazing!!!  Excellent job Jay, Dan, Zeke and JD!  I also missed a photo of Elinda and I on the keyboard trying to rephrase a part of Jay's song, and we kept coming up with jingles instead!

After the musical adventure, I drove straight over to meet Mark and our friends for a Super Date!!!  This is all of us in Clifton, Idaho at our friends home, it is thier limo that we took. 
Greg & Karen Gardner
Mark & LaDena Kailing
Nikki & Todd Oswald
Andy & Kristy Clawson

We already have a ton of memories in this limo!  Rock on my friends!!

Downata Hot Springs is perfect during the off season.  Hardly anyone is there, and it feels amazing!  We wasted no time in jumping into a competition guys against girls in volleyball.  To make it fair, the guys can only use thier left hand.  Guys won the first game, Girls won the second game, then we had a very exciting tie breaker game.  Look at the picture below and see if you can tell who won!

We all went out for ice cream in Preston on our way home.  We had the best night!!!

1 comment: