Saturday, September 15, 2012

A picture-taking day!

     Today was filled with happy moments.  I make plans, but I never expect to follow through, I only hope.  Such is my current schedule with our situation.  Today, Mark felt well enough for me to leave him for awhile.  He rested all day, except to watch a football game with our neighbor on a big screen in our neighbor's back yard.  I was able to get out.

     I  enjoyed two big events.  First, I took my three youngest and  met with our friends at the Brigham City temple open house to take a tour before it is dedicated next week.  It was positively gorgeous.  I've been inside many temples, and I'm still surprised and impressed by the beauty and peace that exists there.  I showed my daughters the mirrors, in the sealing room, that reflect forever.  We savored the celestial room, where I whispered to my daughters, "This room, to me, always feels like what being in heaven must feel like."  Ava was completely taken by the chandaliers, well, that and all the birds she found on the temple grounds.  Amari loved collecting pennies out of the fountain in front (oops), and Ammoriah loved all of it.  It was really enjoyable to share with them.

The Brigham City Temple
Me and Karen at the temple
Amari, Ava, me and Ammoriah
 
Ammoriah and Janessa at the fountain





After the open house, we met up with our friends at a park nearby.  We enjoyed a good visit, lunch, and the little kids fishing.  Ava caught a catfish!  She wanted to bring it home, but I said no.  I'm such a killjoy. 

The second big event today is something I've been anticipating for a long time.  Who doesn't love a wedding?  I see it as an opportunity to bask in the love, hope and goodness of two souls commiting to one another.  My sweet friend Kay has been in my life since kindergarten.  We have precious memories as kids and teens.  When we were 19 we moved to Salt Lake together and had a grand adventure.  It was a difficult and interesting time in our lives.  We've stayed in touch over the years, and been there in many milestones in eachother's lives.  I love Kay.  She and Eric are wonderful together.  Today was a very special day.
Husband and Wife: Eric & Kay Gierloff
      You know how hugs can make everything better for a moment?  Well, I got lots of hugs today, from so many dear friends.  Great medicine!  We had a great time tearing up at the ceremony, and goofing off afterwards.
                                                    Beck, Kris and I are Charlies Angels.

                             Here we are with my daughter Aubrielle and our friend Ang,
                                         discussing our childhood crush on Shawn Cassidy.
                                                   Tender moment with Eric and Kay.

After dancing to "Margaritaville" and "Sweet Home Alabama" we said our goodbyes.  This is Beck, me, Kay, and our friend John who catered the event.  The meal was incredible!  The day was perfect.

1 comment:

  1. Made me cry all over again.
    LaDena you are so special to me.
    Thank you for sharing in our love and happiness.
    Wish Mark was well enough to have come, glad he was up to having you come thought.
    Hugs and much love to you both.
    <3
    ~K

    ReplyDelete