Saturday, September 1, 2012

In the company of friends

     This was a nice day.  It started out with the usual heavy-heart and low energy that seems to be my new normal.  Mark and I had a business correlation meeting while our kids did thier Saturday chores.  We all got a lot done. 

   I don't have much energy for all of the balls I'm juggling right now.  I get a lot accomplished, but I used to be capable of much more.  I need more time to heal myself up.  I find myself losing interest in  things lately.  I hear people around me getting excited about certain topics, freaking out about certain topics, topics that frankly don't mean much.  I say to myself, "let the little stuff go" and I'm realizing, that like the famous book title says, it really is mostly little stuff. 

    A part of my healing today was sneaking off with Mark to swim laps at the gym, and soak and stretch in the hot tub.  We were alone in the outdoor hot tub and it was raining.  It was wonderful. 

     Our good friends, the Oswald's threw together a dinner party at their home last minute.   More healing.  We gathered with additional friends, the Gardners, and the Keens.  Between us there are 19 children, but they weren't all there.  The teens hung out downstairs, the gradeschool kids ran around outside and the little girls went fishing in thier Koi pond (catch and release using a net).  That left us adults to enjoy an incredible dutch oven dinner together catching up, joking around, reminiscing, and dreaming up future plans.  Mark and I just love these families.  After quoting lines from all of our favorite comedies until we laughed so hard we couldn't breathe, we made our way home.

     Life always seems more manageable when you're in the company of friends.

1 comment:

  1. We were so glad you could come. It seems like everything we do is last minute. You guys really know how to party! We are taking lessons from you. Great night all around!

    ReplyDelete