Sunday, September 9, 2012

I Honestly Love You Guys!

      Mark has been resting a lot these past couple of days, and so I snuck away to have a girl's night out.  This was last minute, but turned out great!  I met up with Karen, Kristie, Kathy & Mel and we talked and laughed and healed eachother up.  A lot of big issues in our lives right now, and quality time with friends is such a great medicine.
      We went to the ampitheater in Layton, and sat just outside in the free section, to watch Olivia Newton John!  We watched her walk by on her way into the building.  Kathy's daughter Natalie said, "I hope to look that good, and still wear kitten heels at her age."  I couldn't agree more!
     She did sing my favorite Olivia song, "Hopelessly Devoted to you"  who doesn't sing that song into a hairbrush imagining you are Sandy from the movie Grease, singing to yourself, "my head is saying Fool forget him, my heart is saying, Don't let go.  Hold onto the end, that's what I intend to do. I'm hopelessly devoted to you."  (sigh)
     We sang outloud to all of her songs, the old country ones from the mid-70s, the amazing songs from Grease and Xanadu, and the early-80s-Physical-era.  Surprising how many songs we remembered the words to.  I really do wish we had hair brushes to sing into, or perhaps a curling iron.  Anyway, we  danced and clapped along, even though most of the crowd, inside and outside of the ampitheater were dead beats.  Not us!!  We had a blast!!

      You know how Mark calls me "triple A" which stands for "always an adventure"?  Well, Karen is my partner in crime, and after trying to work with the security guards and have them take a picture of Olivia for us (a big fat "NO!!!") we plotted ways to accomplish this task.  Opportunity knocked when some old man started walking in unappologetically SO, I snuck in behind him.  I did.  And while security stopped him and asked to see his ticket, I tried to grab a picture of Olivia (I couldn't get a good one, sorry), then I quickly snuck into a crowd of women who were leaving and met up with my friends who were laughing at my boldness. I told them, "I came here to see Olivia Newton John in concert, so that's what I did!"

     A man sitting near us told us we'd see her walk by again after the show.  We waited and met members of her band.  Once she came by, just  a few feet in front of us, this is the best shot I got.  I would not have a career as a paparazzo.  She looks amazing, sounds amazing, and this wasn't bad for a last-minute adventure with my wonderful friends. Yay!
   
                                  
     Well, it was a perfect night of girl-talk, sing-alongs, laughing, and solving the worlds problems together.  Unfortunately, we waited so long for Olivia to walk by us, that the parking lot was practically empty, which concerned us when we realized Karen's battery was dead.  Lucky for us, there were two couples talking near us and offered to help.  A gynormous truck gave us a jump.  We thanked them, and made them take our picture.

     So much of my time this week has been spent in worry, I cannot express how wonderful this night felt to me.  I love you guys, I honestly love you.

2 comments:

  1. It was a great night and much needed for all of us. Cant wait for the next great adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have gone with you. You guys are so fun to be around! I need my world problems solved also! Plus I love Oliva Newton-John!

    ReplyDelete