Monday, September 17, 2012

Driving, Dating and Daring!

Happy 16th Birthday to my son Andrew!

Landon and Andrew
     Family Home Evening was spent having a picnic on our trampoline with Subway sandwiches and some yummy wedding cake that my friend Kay brought to us.  We enjoyed the sunset and happy chatter with all of the kids plus Andrew's friend Landon.  As part of the adventure of the day, Landon taught Andrew how to drive clutch.  They had a great time.
     As our only son, Andrew brings enough boy energy into our lives to make up for four sisters.  It's hard to imagine the strong, confident teen in front of me is the same vulnerable child we met in a shelter home.  The path to bring him into our home permanently was very long and challenging.  He is worth it!  We have the added bonus of staying connected to his birthfamily (we love you guys!!)  Here is a picture of the little guy we brought home, hoping we would be able to keep him forever.
     I love this kid!!!  He used to wear a Batman costume, including cape, mask and boots, everywhere we went.  He looked so cool. Our first Halloween together, Mark dressed as his partner Robin.  He also used to swear like a sailor, something I didn't correct right away as we were still building a relationship.  He didn't do it when he was angry, but when he was excited.  We used to draw attention at the store, when my 4 year old would drop the f-bomb and I didn't stop him, just stated, "You're right Andrew, that is the Batman movie you were looking for!"  Oh, he is going to kill me for sharing this isn't he?  It really is impressive how he has come out of his shell, boldly learns about life, and accepts challenges. 
Yep, I love this kid!

     Mark has a bit of energy, he worked in the office for a few hours then took the kids shopping.  He will rest this evening and home health nurse will be here any minute to take blood samples. 

     I've been very productive today.  I'm getting all that I can done, while Mark doesn't need me as often.  We head back to the Huntsman next Wednesday already.  Yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment