Monday, September 3, 2012

Lost in Love

     Mark and I love outdoor concerts.  We've been to several this year, and each one was magical.  Tonight we went on a double-date to see Air Supply with our best buds, Karen and Greg Gardner.  We always have ablast together!  Here we are getting ready to take off.
     After a nice dinner at Marie Calendars, we headed over to the small outdoor venue.  We had general admission tickets and even though we arrived right as the concert was starting, we had space on the grass right up to the front, right side of the stage.  The sun was setting, birds were flying overhead, and we were about to enjoy a ton of amazing love songs.

      Of course we sang along to every single hit.  They are a great stage show, and interacted with the crowd very well.  During, "Here I am, the one that you love, asking for another day, understand the one that you love, loves you in so many ways..." they walked right through the crowd.  Mark caught it on video as the lead singer, Russell, ( who must be a million years old by now, but still has the pipes to sing those songs!) came over to me and gave me a hug.  Funny thing, I was singing along and realized I had sung his song into his ear! ha ha, like anyone can sing his song better than him, especially me!  That was a fun moment!
      Here we are enjoying a perfect date night.  I can't pick a favorite song, but I think I have a favorite line, "the beating of my heart is a drum, and it's lost, and it's looking for a rhythm like you."  Yeh, that's a good one :)
     Sorry it's blurry, my camera doesn't like night pics.  You can see Russell and Graham on stage behind us while we slow dance to the final song of the night.  "Lost in love, and I don't know much.  I've been thinking aloud and fell out of touch, but I'm back on my feet.  Eager to be what you wanted." 

     Someone asked me if Mark and I would be enjoying life this much if it weren't for our situation.  To that I say, refer to our past 20 years together and you will find that this is our life.  We have been making magical memories all along.  And, even on days when we cuddle up in a blanket and watch an old movie together we ask ourselves, "What's so un-special about this moment?" 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Post! You both know how to keep love alive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am so happy that Mark was feeling up for a concert. You guys are so awesome. You can teach the rest of us a few lessons about loving one another. I will tell you that you are a wonderful family and Gary and I love you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Mark have the brightest love light. Bright enough to blast throught the darkest dark. Bright enough to last forever. How lucky you are to have each other. Beautiful LaDena. Beautiful. Big Hug!

    ReplyDelete